Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Working out...

...so I was driving down the road and drove past some guy out for a jog. I realize it's a nice day and exercise is something we should all do...but why does it look so painful? This guy was in a complete spandex get-up right to the piece that covered his head. He had the most smooshed, squinty, gonna keel over and die look on his face....and what for? If it's that awful then why do it? Why would someone want to go do something they despise? (and maybe that's not the case with this guy, but sure didn't look like fun to me) Does he then go home and think...ah, I feel GRRREAT! Likely he goes home and thinks...my nose is running...and there's no more Kleenex...and now that I'm sweaty how am I going to take off this frigging spandex...and this blister on my toes hurts...and there's no more water in the water cooler...well darn, I have to go get groceries...but now it's late in the day cause I took to much time running this morning...and what am I going to cook for supper....AHHH! No, probably not that bad...I bet he's happy...just gotta look at the expression on his face!

Actually, to talk a little more about grumpiness, the lady working at the Train Station Timmies yesterday must have got up on the wrong side of the bed! I went there at lunch time to get a coffee and a bagel. I went in...yes because that's what you do when you order a bagel...and got my coffee and had to wait at the other counter for my bagel. You can tell she's not happy based on the manner in which she beat the cream cheese on my bagel. Also the other clue was that she left it all in clumps everywhere and was sighing quite a bit when she was wrapping it up. As she passes me my clumpy, only cream cheesed on one side bagel (which annoys me too cause I wanted a bagel...not a sandwich so why would I want to eat dry bread then the cream cheesed bread)...anyways..she looks up at the monitor and sees some more orders and says "GEE...stop it with the orders...ain't I allowed to have a break?!" Well lady, how about no because it's lunchtime so it doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out that your particular counter will be real busy for the next hour AND FURTHERMORE I'm on break and want to have a peaceful and joyful break so your pissy attitude is not helping the situation.......well, that's what I wanted to say. I didn't...all I did was smile and said "thank you oh so very much!" with the most happy and perky and showing the most teeth voice I could...because you all know how annoying it is when someones happy and you're not ...best revenge.

"Happy Happy, Joy Joy" - Ren and Stimpy
"Oh happy day..." - Bebe Winans
"Let's get physical...physical..." - Olivia Newton John
"Don't worry, be happy" - Bobby McFerrin

No comments: