Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Motivational Man...

...so I went to see Tony Robbins the other day....you know, the guy that's mouth looks like a horse....massive teeth, this guy has...anyways, it was rather entertaining. He's a motivational speaker and I think he's friends with Dr. Phil or something. There were speakers before him. Some were good, some were bad.

There was this one guy who ripped down every Financial Planner - not a good plan considering out of the 4500 people there I'd guess 70% were planners! He kept telling everyone how they could be a millionaire just like him by buying and selling stocks. Alright, that could work but I was thinking there must be a catch.....well sure enough, in order to do that we needed to enroll in his weekend course for a whopping $6000! BAHAHAHAHA oh and it didn't stop there....we also needed to buy HIS software to help make the right stock choices that renews every 6 months. Seeing that he was such a nice guy...GAG...he decided that for that day only, he'd offer his course for $995 and we would be RETARDED not to enroll right this second. Oh it gets better....and looky here, there were people all over the Metro Center ready to enroll all of us RIGHT NOW so we'd better run to sign up as spaces were limited. Well you should of seen the mad dash of the 30% of not Financial Planner people running to get signed up...women with high friggen heels running from the floor seats all the way to the concourse just to get this once in a lifetime opportunity. It was extremely hilarious. Now, Some of what he said made sense, but basically he was riping down Financial Planners because we make money by helping guide people into what to invest and his spiel was that we can all do it ourselves (Read between the lines disclaimer: you can only do it yourself with my help because I am god and deserve $6000 per person plus renewal fees but I don't make money off telling you want to do cause again, I am your savior and you do it all by yourself with all my stuff!) Bahahaha So he was a crock of poo poo.

Tony Robbins came on and I was a little skeptical but I was going to keep an open mind. Well, in about 5 minutes I was hugging all my neighbors, all of which are complete strangers, and jumping up and down with my hands in the air. If the thought of me jumping up and down with my new high heels isn't funny enough, just picture my sight from the upper bowl looking down and seeing 4499 people doing the same....hahaha...it was quite the sight! He had a good message and basically it was that if we have a positive attitude then others around us will do the same. Made sense and I did lose some weight by jumping up and down, not to mention the fact that I really broke in my new shoes and got to hug strangers on numerous occasions!

And for my musical close....here's an exerpt from the song on the radio right now...oh but wait, YAY I just won a free coffee!!! Oh joy, oh bliss!

"It's a lonely old life....so let me put my arms around you..."

No comments: