Monday, March 17, 2008

Gramatically Correct...

...so today I finished my coffee and did what I normally do - smoosh the cup and use my thumbs to Roll Up the Rim. Today, to my surprise, it said: "win/gagnez un beigne/donut". YAY...except that doesn't sound right. Isn't it "UNE beigne"? I'm sure a large company like Timmies would do their homework...but for some reason I keep thinking this is incorrect....anyone else? ok, now it's bothering me.

We often use words or make sentences the wrong way. For example:

That's way more better. - I say this all the time...not really the correct way to use those words, but it works.

I don't like doing it that way, myself - How many of you use that one? HAHAHA ....we already knew you didn't like it - yourself!

J'vas demande a mame - This is the classic Wdot thing to say....not correct as you "Demander" someone. (Ignore the french spelling as I don't have a French keyboard so I can't do the "accents" and stuff - but you get the point.)

Ma, ya right - There's nothing correct about this one. "Ma" isn't even a word...well unless you live in Nashville or somewhere really "country" as it's used all the time to describe a mother or grandmother.

Now that I think about it...are there two ways to spell Donut? Is it Donut or Doughnut? I guess it could be the same situation as Neighbor or Neighbour. (I learned how to spell this one in Grade 2....pretty sad that I still remember that, but it was a hard word back then......oh gee, I'm going to stop reminiscing....I'm starting to sound like certain good friend of mine hahahaha! Love ya :P)


"ABC....as easy as 123..." - Jackson 5
"These words are my own..." - Natasha Beddingfield


No comments: