Thursday, May 1, 2008

Busy...

...so I've been out and about a lot lately and haven't had time to write much. I didn't have a babysitter yesterday so I decided to bring my little sweetie to work with me for a couple hours...BAD MOVE...I was so annoyed that I was almost in tears. He's reached the age that he wants to get into everything and frankly doesn't care if I say no. Sometimes when I yell he laughs at me thinking that I'm playing with him...which makes me even more mad. I brought lots of toys for him to play with and I even let him play with my calculator...but NOOOOO...he wanted to play with the stereo under my desk. After quite a few No's he still managed to squirm his way by my feet and get to the stereo...then or course, he bumped his head under my desk and started to cry....then I tried consoling him on my lap and he immediately stopped crying and started reaching for my computer. I told him no and put him down and he went after the stereo again...thus resulting in yet another bump on his head when he went to get up under my desk...so this process repeated itself a few times over...imagine the level of annoyance now!

At this point I had moved my anger from him to the one who is now annoying me...my hubby. I kept thinking that it wasn't fair that my hubby gets to just get up and walk out the door for work and I'm left to deal with everything else. How would he like it if he had to bring our son fishing? How would he like it if he had important things to do and he had a child at his feet trying to get into something that he's not supposed to?

Then my thoughts progressed to...why do I need to do the dishes all the time? Why do I need to ask hubby to unload the dishwasher...why couldn't he just see that it's full of clean dishes and process in his head that it had to emptied? Why did I forget to bring a jacket? Why is it that my toes are cold? How come the straps on the car seat aren't adjusted the right way so that I don't have to mess with them? Why can't the lady at Timmies put the lid on my coffee the proper way so I don't end up with coffee everywhere? Why the heck can't I lose weight? What am I going to cook for supper? Why can't hubby cook supper for once? Why doesn't hubby know that I'm annoyed? Why does the elastics in my underwear always come apart so that when I go to pee they slap my in the legs?

After yesterday I've come to the conclusion that being annoyed may lead to insanity. I need a vacation..... :)

"Give me the beat boys, free my soul...I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away..." - Uncle Kracker

No comments: