Monday, May 5, 2008

"all she wants to do is Dance Dance"...

...so I went out this weekend and had a blast. My night started with some singing game on the video game machine. Betcha didn't know I could Rap? Oh yes I can..."so your girlfriend rolls a Honda...playin' workout tapes by Fonda...but Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda..." and then it went to..."pump it up, a little more...get the party going on the dance floor..." I even sang songs from way back "step one...we can have lots of fun...Step two...there's so much we can do" and then went to some Whitney Houston "Oh I wanna dance with somebody..I wanna feel the heat with somebody..."

Anyways, that was fun and I was doing pretty good at that game. We moved on to the Guitar game...well, well, well...I got boo-ed off the stage in the first minute. Apparently I'm not that great at that game. That's when I quit the games and got more involved with my Orange Juice - Splash of Cranberry and some special "juice" to go with it drink. We then went out to the dance. If you could have seen the people...man...they were staring. It went from average age of 65 to an average age of 25 in about 10 minutes. I'm sure the band was scrambling to find songs more appropriate for all ages..."who put the bomp in the bomp sha bomp sha bomp" wasn't gonna cut it anymore. I'm guessing that young people are more outgoing cause when the band started up again after break we all got up to dance and the rest stayed at their seats to watch us. Not sure if it was cause they liked our moves or if they were just nosey and wanted to know who was dancing with who. After a few songs they got up...apparently the fun we were having was much more than them so it became time to join in.

There has definitely been a progression in our dance moves over the years. When we dance to fast songs we dance as a group. I guess a circle is a good description...and it usually involves some more crazy dancers entering the middle to act like a fool. I tend to be one of those said fools. The older crew haul out their partner/spouse/mate to the dance floor and they dance facing each other. If I did that then I'd never dance...I'd be one of those sitting people I described earlier. Hubby isn't a huge fan of shaking his booty...unless he's had a few...then he's a dance machine. Either way, that only happens towards the end of the night and I have ants in my pants. I have found that I don't want to look at the same person when I'm dancing....so I tend to roam. Way more fun.

Oh boy...and then the band played a crowd favorite..."You know you make me want to shout!" Oh gee...the older crew got right up and started running to the band with their hands in the air..."ma, c'est Shout...a tu attendus...c'est SHOUT!" I never saw a group of people so excited. Hands in the air...feet jumping up and down. Almost looks like their climbing an imaginary, stationnary ladder...It's something to be seen. The dance floor went from little groups of dancers to a complete moshpit...very interesting sight, i'm sure.

I tend to attract weirdos too. It wasn't bad this weekend, but I've been out in the past where I can't keep them away. I swear that the guys with the least amount of teeth see me and just come in droves....as if a big butt constitutes a love for gums. Little do they know, I like a man with a whole set of REAL teeth...they don't have a chance. Anyways, this time the teeth less men must have been somewhere else...which was good for me...instead the old bachelors were on the prowl. My Farty Cousin has been fending one off for the last few weeks. He just don't get it...and it's not that this guy doesn't get it cause she's trying to be nice....there is nothing nice about telling someone to mess off in foul language...only thing I can figure is this guy was hard of hearing.

"We like to party...we like, we like to party" - Venga Boys

No comments: