Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Almost over...

...so last night's show went really well. The guitar was plugged in this time so there was no huge kid tiptoeing across the stage. Tonight is the last show so I'm a little sad today. I've had a lot of fun helping these kids out and I look forward to next year.

I'm a little concerned about my other role tonight though. I am presenting two graduating members with a $500 Scholarship from the company I work with. This means I will be front and center stage right before the finale. You may be thinking..."Ldot, you usually like the spotlight...why so worried?" I would then answer..."I'm worried about my hair". Ok...stop laughing...I know I'm usually not into the whole sheshe-poopoo thing and I have a hard time finding a can of hairspray in my cupboard that isn't totally gummed up from years of non-use....but I bet none of you wore a headset for any amount of time. I sit next to the sound man with my little headset that is linked to the backstage crew....so I'm constantly moving it on and off my ears, thus creating static. So, by the end of the show I look like I shoved my finger in an electrical outlet. Also, I'm quite a sap so since I'm SOOOOOO proud of these kids, I'll likely cry a lot...especially after each grad finishes their song as I remember what I felt like at that time. The Sound man knows me quite well so he's going to bring extra Kleenex just in case I run out. So basically, if you go tonight and you don't know who I am, I'll be the Raccoon-eyed, red nosed girl sporting a static cling Afro.



"...it's time to be a big girl now and big girls don't cry" - Fergie

No comments: