Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It all adds up...

...so I went to get my fix this morning at Timmies. I ordered a large coffee and that comes to $1.54 so I gave her a toonie. She handed me my coffee and took the toonie. I sat there and waited a couple seconds and she took another order...then she looked at me as if I were crazy, made a sigh and then passed me my change. OK...it's my money and if I want my change then why is it a big deal? It's 46 cents...not like it's a penny...it's 46 freakin' cents! I want that change to put in my cup holder so that the next time I go I'll only need to dig around for $1.08! It was as if she thought that since I gave her something smaller than a $5 she gets to keep the change...NUH - UH...not the way it works honey...I should be the one who decides if I want to leave my change or not...not her.

Let's say I buy 1 large coffee per day and always used a toonie to pay. Let's say I also only buy on the week days. So 5 days per week times 52 weeks in a year makes 260 days I buy a coffee. If I left the 46 cents every time I would have given Timmies $119.60 throughout the year...that's crazy. Do you know what's even crazier...the fact that $119.60 buys 77.66 coffee's! Can you imagine how many people do this and home much money they bring in by not giving change...wow!

Probably the craziest thing of all is that I took the time to write and calculate all this...

TO THE TIMMIES LADY: "If you're lost, you can look and you will find me(STILL IN THE DRIVE THRU), Time after time"

TO MY 46 CENTS CHANGE: "If you fall I will catch you, I'll be waiting, Time after time" - Cindy Lauper

No comments: