Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cars...

...so I read in the paper about how one of the Ministers let her son drive her government paid car. He got in an accident and the government paid insurance was going to cover the damages...meaning we the taxpayers were going to pay for the wreck. Well, some people got wind of that and got angry so then she said that her and her son were going to pay for the damage out of pocket instead and that she didn't realize her son wasn't supposed to drive her car. Apparently she had sent him and his girlfriend out to get the family some ice cream.

Ok so now that I've told you the story in a nutshell, let's read between the lines....you know, take out the politically correct wordings and get down to the truth. I'm sure her son drove the car all the time and I have a hard time believing that he was going to get the FAMILY some ice cream...as if they were sitting down watching TV all together and decided that sundaes would be a good treat. What 17 year old and his girlfriend hang out with Mom and Dad on a Saturday night at 8 pm? I think that's a tad bit ridiculous...but anyways... All of a sudden she changes her tune and does the noble thing of making her son pay for some of the damages and she'd pay the rest...as if he learned his lesson. He didn't do anything wrong...SHE did. It's her car that we pay for and technically that would make it OUR gas. Why would she think that we would want to pay for the gas in OUR vehicle for her and her family to eat ice cream? Who cares about policy...that's just common sense. I like ice cream...why can't the government pay for my hot fudge sundae with extra cherries? Oh and I'd like bananas too.

Let's even talk about this vehicle. She drives a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid which is leased at a monthly payment of $896.48. What on earth does she need to drive a buggy that expensive for? I have a buggy and my payment is less than half that amount. How crazy is that? I need a vehicle for my job and no one pays my lease? Does anyone pay for yours? I didn't think so. They need to have their own car anyways cause they aren't supposed to use the government one for any personal stuff anyways so why not pay them gas and maintenance? I drove 34,000 km for work in my first year in business and the only relief I got was on my income tax return. Why not set them up to get some help that way too? I don't think we should pay $10,757.76 per year for her buggy, plus gas, plus maintenance, plus insurance...common! It's rather absurd! I wonder who's credit card she sent her son with to get this treat? Just wondering...

The province cries that we're poor all the time and that we need to cut back here and there and everywhere in order to stay afloat...why not cut back on these company cars, salaries and pensions? Now that's an idea? Oh no, but wait...that's not fair....hahahaha...that's right, I forgot that it's OK for us to struggle...not them...they make laws and stuff...what a wonderful system.

"I fought the law and the law won..." - Don't know the artist

No comments: