Thursday, May 15, 2008

Stuff...

...so the curtain is closed on the school music concert. The last night was Tuesday and it went really well - once again! I'm very proud of those kids and had a blast helping them out. I learned lots from them so I hope they feel the same about me.

They gave me some flowers and a gift for helping out....and guess what the gift was? hehehe...they know me well cause it was a TIM'S CARD!! YAY! Now I have some money on there to pay for my coffees and apparently I can keep re-loading it so I don't have to frig around for change. How awesome is that? Now I don't have to worry about the 46 cents...all the change is mine baby...no more unnecessary tips! I think the big clue that I was a Tim's Addict was on the Saturday all-day Practice...I showed up with a huge thermos/container of Tim's coffee...you know, the ones that they have at meetings with the spout on it...ya that one...it holds 40 coffees! It wasn't just for me...it was for all those there to help...but it was my idea and let's face it...it was a good idea! I was in heaven all day.

I presented the scholarships on Tuesday night and my hair wasn't that hideous. I cried a lot during the show, but they gave me my flowers and my TIM'S CARD YAY right before I had to present so I cried then so I'm sure the audience didn't care. I had planned for the bad hair fix and the makeup fix but didn't anticipate the bend over fix. Right before I had to present I dropped one of the envelopes and had to bend down to get it.....not right cute in front of 600 people, but it had to be done. I was hoping that they'd notice I had smokin' hot shoes on so that would take away from the large mass bending over.

Yesterday I stayed home with the little one. We got our home inspected for the Home Heating thing. You have to get your house assessed then they recommend changes, then you do whatever of those you want, then they come inspect again, then the government gives you rebates based on the changes you made. Anyways, he hooked up this fan thing at the door and it sucks out the air out of all the leaky places throughout your house. Well, apparently we have leaks cause I was frozen! It's hard to believe how drafty the plugs are...man...the cold air was coming through those like I had a huge hole through the wall. The bathroom fan was another one...oh and the Dryer....felt like I was standing in a wind tunnel when I opened the dryer door. I could have easily dried my hair by opening the dryer door! It was crazy. I'm some glad we're going to renovate this summer. Our bedroom window might as well not be there....that's how much draft there was there too. No wonder our oil bills have been absurd this year. I think it would have been warmer to live in an igloo.

"Take a bow, the night is over..." - Madonna

No comments: