Tuesday, May 27, 2008

the little ones...

...so this guy from Wdot got caught with over 5000 lbs of illegal lobsters. I'm glad he got caught because that's a little extreme. I think the lobsters are at about $5/lbs so that makes him about $25,000....just craziness! Stop being so greedy! I know you can't help but have a few lobsters that are undersized as sometimes you measure incorrectly, but 5000 lbs is a bit much. I'm all for making money...trust me...I love money...money money money...but I don't want to do it the illegal way. He got caught at the wharf at 11 pm with a rented cube van waiting there for him...hello obvious! Who rents a cube van? Who fishes at 11 pm? I hope he realizes that he'd been better off just fishing the right lobsters and going home after supper. GOnna be an expensive trip.

I brought my little one to get his 18 mth needles yesterday and he ended up having a reaction. He had them done right after lunch and by suppertime he was barely capable of walking. His thigh was majorly swollen and he was crying in pain. As a mom you automatically go in panic mode and cry with your child and I just held him to try to make it all better. I was very concerned and call the doc...apparently this happens and you just give them baby Advil for the pain and inflammation. My little one is a trooper so once I put him to bed he slept all night...he made a couple noises through the night - likely from rolling over on it - but he stayed in bed. This morning he was limping, but was happy so that was a good sign.

When I went to get the Advil last night I had some lady cut me off and that really ticked me off. She cut out of the Used Clothing Store parking lot across from the Yarmouth International Airport...aka the open field with a few runways that no one uses...and when she cut out she then proceeded to drive 24 kms/hr. Is there any need? If you were too scared to drive then why did you risk your life to get on the road? Wasn't that a hazard enough? I never understood that....cut out and almost crash and then drive super slow in order not to crash....what's up with that mentality? They cut out fast enough why not use the same amount of pressure on the pedal to drive down the road? Slow and Steady doesn't always win the race....just ticks off everyone around you and wears out my horn!

"If you just realize what I just realized..." - Colbie Caillet

No comments: