Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Whatever it's called...

...so i'm sending my taxes in today. That place has changed names so many times that I have no clue what to call it anymore. I did work there and really enjoyed it, but it doesn't mean I can't be annoyed to send them my money. There's one thing in particular that really bugs me and it's that we need to pay postage to send our return. Oh and it's not only 59 cents either...it's like a buck something because it's a heavy package....arg...not my fault they need to know everything but my shoe size. Every Canadian needs to file their Income Tax and i'm ok with that...well to a certain degree...but anyways...why pay to send the darn thing? It's mandatory so common Mr. Prime Minister...ditch the postage...seriously...is there really a need?

I've done a little research and approximately there are 33.2 million people in Canada. Let's even say that half are not of age to file...now i'm putting my math skills at work and am going to say that that leaves 16.6 million people filing a tax return....and let's say at double postage so that's about $1.18.....that means that the Post Office makes about 19.6 million bucks at tax time. GEESH!!! Isn't that just crazy? So then the government has the nerve to post an article in the paper yesterday regarding the Post Offices and how they need to figure out a way to make it more profitable. COME ON...are you serious? I'd say that $19 million is a pretty good annual income....and that's not counting all the other mailing people do during the year...what more do you want?

Maybe the government could stop changing their name...thus making it a need to purchase all new paperwork and other items they put their stamp on...and give free postage to send our tax returns??!! Isn't that a great idea? I'm so smart sometimes!

"Stop...oh yes wait a minute Mr. Postman...wai aaaaaaaat Mr. Postman..." - The Carpenters

No comments: