Monday, April 7, 2008

Hotels...

...so Hubby and I went on an overnighter to Hdot on Saturday. We booked our hotel on Priceline.com...bid for our room...and got a sweet deal at the Westin. I've stayed at a number of hotels in Hdot over the last few months and am noticing a trend. They are all getting renovated to all look exactly the same. It's like the old 70's style is back, but with a better color scheme. I like it and all, but I don't seem to understand the glass panel in the bathroom door. I know it looks right cool and it is frosty so you can't really see in, but it's still a little uncomfortable...especially when you go to pee. You sit on the toilet and stare out the glass panel and can make out the closet across the way. As an experiment, I walked by the bathroom door when hubby was getting in the shower and could clearly make out that he went from clothes to birthday suit to shower. I couldn't see the "parts", but flesh is rather bright so it was a little weird. It's OK when you're just two in the room, but what if we had decided to share...now if I was drying my hair using the mirrors on the closet doors I could see my friends doing whatever in the bathroom. I'm not sure if I like this idea.

The one thing I found rather entertaining is the random questions posted all over the hotel and in our room. We wait for the elevator and here's this brain teaser on the wall...it's quite fun. It said something like this...A truck goes 100 km per minute. The truck is 100 km long and goes over a 100km bridge...how long does it take the truck to drive over the bridge? I'll give you a minute to work this out...but not too long cause I figured it out in a matter of seconds...the answer is 2 minutes! One minute to make it the length of the bridge...and another minute to clear the bridge! Don't you feel smart? I know I did...the closer I got to my room, the more cocky I got. The coasters in our room even had questions too...lots of fun...by the time we left the room my ego could barely fit through the door...I mean, isn't hubby lucky to have such a smart wife....highly educated with the gift of reading and comprehension...a hard combo to find nowadays....oh and hot...I can't forget that part...I wore my new black socks....hottie or what? hahaha...ok now I'm going overboard, but you get the picture.

"...livin it up at the hotel California..." - Eagles

No comments: