Thursday, April 17, 2008

Stress...

...so I've been away for a few days and come home a little stressed. Not only do I need to get stressed in Ydot when I go get my Timmies...but now I have to deal with lunatics driving in the city. The Water Towers hit and the swearing begins! There are driving impaired people on the roads and I don't feel that it is necessary. Why aren't those people taking the bus?...that's what I want to know! People who don't understand the concept of a Round-a-bout (aka Rotary) or the idea that if you drive in the far right lane that you might fetch up in a parked car at some point need to take the bus. I spend most of my highway time singing up a storm....then come to the city and spend the rest of my trip swearing at everyone. Geesh people...bus fare is cheap...wouldn't that be better than listening to me and all the other superior drivers of the world utter profanities at you. I'm now stressed...

Now that I've driven around the parkade five thousand times and squeezed in a spot, a gang of us decide to go get some grub. Well we decided to go all out so we ate at the best steakhouse in town. We sit and look through the menu and here comes more stress. Yup...already...the waiter does what all waiters shouldn't do...he takes our drink orders and doesn't write it down! We're a table of 6 so that's a lot of orders and questions about wines...write the darn things down. The whole time he's standing there my blood pressure is rising cause I know he'll mess up and if he comes back with the incorrect beer or returns to ask a question about our order, i'm going to lose it. Write it down people!! Trying to remember orders doesn't make you look smarter...it's just unnecessary stress for both of us...not to mention the fact that it ruins your chance of getting a tip cause if you ask one question or even mess up on the fact that I needed a new knife then you're done. When he came back to get our food orders I asked him if he was going to write it down as I wasn't going to be able to stand it if he didn't....out came the pad of paper and pen....now I'll be able to relax and eat my meal in peace.

This leaves me with one more beef....heheheh...like the reference to my steak? Ba dum bum - CHING! OK...I'm over the cheesy joke, now let's get serious. Sanitary Napkins are a wonderful invention as they are necessary for women all around the world. I'm pleased that the manufacturers have tried to find ways to better the design by adding grooves, wings and length but I do have one problem....PUT SOME FREAKING GLUE ON THE PAD!! Man, how many times do you unravel the pad, stick it on, flip the wings and think you're good to go? Now here comes the part that irks me...you go to pull up the darn thing and VOILA...the top flipped over and your pad is now airborn!...well well well well....it's bad enough we gotta wear them, but to wear glue is even worse. Did a man design these? Do they not know that they have to put enough glue so that it stays in place for the transition from knees to parts?? That's all I ask sanitary napkin people...glue so it stays from knees to parts...

"...and I'll keep waiting...waiting for the world to change..." - John Mayer

No comments: