Thursday, April 3, 2008

I'm back...

...so I'm back in business....well for the most part. On my way to the office today I was listening to my new Satellite Radio and was singing away till I suddenly thought of a question. Who is Shorty? I noticed a song came on and it was spelled "Shawty", but it's in all the hip hop songs.

"Shawty had them apple bottom jeans...boots with the furrrrr" - Flo Rida
"We could go to the tropics...sip Pina Coladas...Shorty I can take you there" - Sean Kingston
"Shawty get loose, baby do what you do, let me see you let down your hair" - Lil Mama Feat. Chris Brown

This Shorty/Shawty must be a popular gal. She's the gal everyone seems to want...or at least sing about. I guess she must be the "Fabio" of Hip Hop. Not to mention the fact that she's a world traveler. She wears boots with fur (assuming she's somewhere cold) and then next thing you know she's sipping Pina Coladas (likely somewhere warm)....I gotta say...I'm a little jealous...might want to consider applying for her position when she gets too busy. I'm guessing she's a little vertically challanged too cause her name isn't Tally or Tawly. Hum...am I the only one who's wondered this?

Also, last night I was hanging out with my Chatty Friend. She has the Food Network so before I was ready to leave "Iron Chef America" came on. I love this show! I got hooked during the "Free-view" in February, but am too cheap to buy the package that includes that channel so I haven't watched since. Anyways, this show is about chefs who come to "kitchen stadium" to battle an Iron Chef. There is a secret ingredient that they must use in every dish and they have to come up with a bunch of different recipes right on the spot within an hour. I love it because just when you think they're making a stew....they chuck it in a food processor and presto...it's in a squeeze bottle ready to be drizzle over some weird meat/seafood/dessert. It's real interesting. They use strange ingredients too...stuff no one has in their cupboards. Last night the secret ingredient was Oysters. YUK! I predicted they'd make Ice Cream and sure enough....withing 5 minutes they had the Oyster Ice Cream in the machine. I bet that was just delicious....

Have you ever tried Oysters? I have...not something I want to experience ever again...and I'll add seafood sauce to that list too. When I was a kid I had to eat or do whatever the Oceanographer ate or did. I'm sure this is not shocking news to all y'all...anyways Oceanographer and I went and picked Oysters right out of the water. We brought them back to the Sailboat and he opened one and plopped on some seafood sauce...the chunky kind...and told me to slurp it. Ya, this was one of my stupider moments and I soon found myself hurling over the side of the boat. There's something about trying to swallow a snot-textured gob that didn't go over well with me that day....and the sauce...well I can't eat that without thinking of that experience so that's a no go too. From that point on, I stuck to picking out the pearls.

No comments: