Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Shake, Shake, Shake, Shake it..."

...so I had another busy week/weekend. The relatives from the States came down for the annual visit on Wednesday so I took half the week off to spend time with them. We always have a good time when they're around as it usually entails some cookouts, swimming, beer and laughter. One of my cousins has triplets and this was their first ever visit to Canada. They were super excited and had a blast. They also have an older sister and she was the mother hen of the bunch. She always kept an eye out for them even though she was only 6. She also took care of my little one too. The triplets are 4 so a little older that my little one, but my little guy was just as tall! It was really neat to see them play all together. The little one was a little bit of a bully at times...pushing the others. I think he was a little intimidated...after all, there were three kids all looking the same running after him all the time...I guess I'd be scared too.

One day we took them all to the beach and threw rocks in the ocean. They just about went crazy trying to hit the seaweed or any other floating object. Good Ol' Nova Scotian beaches never have a shortage of garbage so there was always something floating by to use as a target. The triplets even learned how to pee in the bushes...a very mandatory skill in this neck of the woods...hahah!

We then went to my Aunt and Uncle's Camp for a day. The kids didn't want to go swimming in the lake or play with the toys...they just wanted to throw rocks again! so...we did just that for hours...even Blake was having fun!

On Saturday was the Annual Family Golf Tournament. We had about 60 golfers...all related...and we played a scramble. We draw for teams and I ended up with the Oceanographer, Tante Lady Marmalade and Mr. Rogers. We ended the round plus 5...so not that hot...but we drank lots of beer and had many good laughs! I guess that's all that counts. Our Family Tournament is such a success that people ask all the time how they can sign up...so for the record people, you need to marry in, be born in or start dating someone that's in. It's funny because a real golfer wouldn't want to play with us...we're not quiet. We're known to be a loud family so get a couple drinks in us and there's no way we can be quiet for someone to hit the ball. There's always someone yelling from a green that they actually pared the hole...or laughing cause they swung and missed the ball 3 times...or trying to find out where the booze cart is. This year two teams ended up tie so there was a "put-off" on the 18th green. Everyone crowds on the deck and watches each team member try to get it closest to the hole. We boo the good golfers and cheer on the crappy ones...and the winner this year was N'Oncle BCR's team. It was exciting stuff!

That evening I planned a Bon Voyage party for my parents and the Loveridge's. What a hoot that was! We danced all night long. Me and Tante Lady Marmalade even did a demonstration of what we like to call "The Beyonce Booty Shake". It was something to be seen, but I think Grandmere was the most mortified by the whole thing. Who knew her daughter and her granddaughter could shake it like that!

Sunday was dull...lots of coffee was needed....and my whole body hurt again...I think I did one too many booty shakes.

"Common get busy, girl shake that booty non stop to the beat..." - Sean Paul

No comments: