Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Name...

...so today on my weight loss walk to the bakery I discovered their version of the triple chocolate cookie...very exciting! This cookie was everything I hoped it would be and more....moist, chocolaty, big and just plain yummy! Anyways, I love the bakery near my office...and the bakery guy is quite funny...makes me laugh every time I go in the store....plus he has excellent treats.

So Canada is shaping up a little in the Olympic medal race. Apparently we have one more medal than when we were in Athens so I guess that's a plus. After watching the replay on the trampoline I'm really thinking the Canadian got cheated out of a gold medal. The Chinese guy did good, but he travelled a lot on the trampoline and that's a no-no (apparently) and the Canadian only did a little bit. Even the announcers thought the gold was going to the Canadian. After our discussion on the Chinese Government the other day it kinda makes me wonder if they'd try to sway the judges on stuff...think so? I don't know...I'm not making accusations or anything, but I guess anything is possible. In many Olympics there have been issues with judging and even to the point of having some criminally charged so it wouldn't be a stretch. The Chinese Government did lock up all the smelly, bald cabbies, after all...so... makes you think, eh?

Let's talk about people's names now...there was this guy who's name was Dong Dong. Ok...I guess first of all, I'm super glad they named him Dong and not Ding....but really, if you already have Dong as your last name then why torture your child with naming him that for his first name too? I know sometimes it's hard to think of children's names but I think they could have strayed a little from his last name. Not very original....in my opinion.

Here's some I found online that were rather interesting:

Constance Noring
Harry Pitts
Dick Trickle (apparently a real NASCAR driver)
Dr. & Dr. Doctor (married doctors from Norwalk, CT)
Tad Pohl
Shanda Lear (daughter of Bill Lear, inventor of the Lear jet)
Polly Ester
Peter Peed
Nancy Ann Cianci
Iona Frisbee
Hugh Jass
Harry Legg
Gene Poole
Barb B. Cue
Barry Schmelly

Interesting...these parents must have been in a daze when they picked those names.

"Say my name, Say my name..." - Destiny's Child

1 comment:

NanNan said...

What were they thinking!! Although I'd rather be called Dong than Wang.