Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nowhere else to go but up...

...so I read the paper today and the headline is: "No Medals, but 'we're improving' ". Well that's a wonderful statement. I would hope we're improving...anything has got to be better than last. I mean, don't get me wrong, if I qualified to go to the Olympics I wouldn't care if I knew I couldn't win - I'd just want to be there...so I feel for the competitors...but seriously, we're a big country...put some money into some good coaching or something. We have the talent - just need the push. China won the bid for these Olympics and immediately hired the best coaches in the world and it's paying off. They are in the lead for total medal count as of a few seconds ago and wayyyy beyond everyone with the total gold medals. Do you know where Azerbaijan is? Didn't think so...well they have 4 medals. What about Kyrgyzstan? They have medals too. Canada - Nil, but "we're improving!"

"If you just believe...you can move mountains with dreams..." - The Aliant Olympic Commercial Song

1 comment:

NanNan said...

So true--- we don't value sports or arts the way we should-- hmm, what do we value??