Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"One, two, three strikes you're out..."

...so I played softball this weekend...very interesting. I haven't played ball since I was about 12 and played in the Acadian Games. Back then I was catcher and it was our first game...the first batter stepped up to the plate and swung at the first pitch. She must have been real excited cause she started to run with the bat then realized she needed to let it go so she threw it back and hit me in the face. Thank goodness I had a mask on...but either way I threw my mask on the ground and quit. So that was my last experience....kinda wondered what would happen this time. Despite the fact that I get sore just walking to the mailbox, I figured I'd give it a try and try is exactly what I did. I played catcher again, but made sure to keep my glove near my face...afterall...can't be messing up a pretty face! (hehehe ) I didn't get one in the face...Yay...and did manage to catch a foul ball backwards while falling into the fence. I'm sure it was a sight to be seen and so was my victory dance after that...very exciting stuff!

I made it to base a couple times...not by my hitting skills cause when I run I look like I'm dragging an anchor...but because I got walked 3 times...how awesome is that! Just stand there and watch the ball hit the ground 4 times then walk to the base...the best strategy ever...and exerted the least amount of energy. Needless to say, I'm ridiculously sore...pretty much from the top of my head to the very tips of my toes. Gotta look at the bright side...likely lost some weight this weekend with all this exercising and sweating. We wore black shirts so basically we were walking solar panels for the weekend. Good time was had by all.

Saturday night we went to hubby's 10 year High School Reunion. That was interesting. We talked to many people we hadn't seen in a while and also learned lots about those who couldn't be there but managed to write a summary of their lives since graduation. Hubby, apparently doesn't remember much because he didn't have a clue who graduated with him. I started to wonder if we were even at the right reunion...he's not very attentive. We went through the old yearbook and found out that Hubby was voted most likely to get his license revoked. Apparently he was a bad driver back then...maybe that's why he can't remember anyone...no one dared go anywhere with him. Little do they know, I'm the one who had the accident in his Grad Year...a week to the day after getting my license. I still blame it on the weather...I am an excellent driver.

"Shut up and drive..." - Rhianna

No comments: