Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olympics...

...so I've been watching the Olympics and the poor Canadian showing. Man, I don't think we've received one medal...not real good considering countries that I can't even pronounce have won some.

Now let's talk a bit about the cultural differences between us and China. Apparently, the Chinese Government has hoarded all the bald, smelly cab drivers and put them in a compound until the Olympics are over. How ridiculous is that? It's not that I'd want a smelly cab driver, but knowing that they locked them up makes me ill. They have families to feed, but the image of the country is more important. Another story I read about today was that the little girl that sang in the opening ceremonies was lip-syncing as the real girl was too ugly so they got a cuter girl to stand there while the uglier one sang behind the scenes. That is totally wrong. These girls are something like 8 or 9...what is that going to do to their self confidence? Also, the girl they thought wasn't cute enough was actually super cute. Any child is cute when they're doing something that is totally amazing. I mean, this girl can sing...it's just sad that the world wasn't allowed to see her. These are just a few stories...the list goes on. I find this totally absurd. Here we are in a worldwide competition and we're allowing things like this to happen. I know each culture has their own thing, but I think the Olympic committee should be able to step in and say something. Absolutely ridiculous. Well that's it for that.

I think they should ban Spandex for men. That is the most unattractive get-up I've ever seen...not flattering anywhere. The women don't look that bad...but the men...hum...not what I'd want pics of in my Pin-Up Calendar. I know it's to make them swim better...but there's got to be another way. Oh and another thing that annoys me with the Olympics is the diving coverage. When the women dive the camera crew is right there underwater getting the "wedgie" shots. Is there a need...seriously...I don't care to see them adjust their bathing suits out of all the nooks and crannies. They don't show the men underwater...have you noticed? I bet I know why...it's the freakin' Spandex! Not hot out of the water and not hot underwater....and ESPECIALLY not hot in the nooks and crannies!

One more thing...next time you're watching pay close attention to the announcers. HAHAHA...they're really funny! "Now it's Ldot...she broke her left toe when she was 2, but overcame it all and has finally made it to this moment. Last week we caught up with her and her toenail was still crooked from that incident so let's hope she can pull through tonight as she fights for the gold." It's always a ridiculous story just to fill time...actually it's rather comical. It's funny stuff...listen next time.


"Everybody loves my funky pants...London, England, Paris,France..." - Corky and the Juice Pigs

1 comment:

NanNan said...

It seems they even changed birth certificates of the girls/women gymnastic team-- I hadn't heard about the cabbies-- I guess it's not how you play the game, it's all about winning--yeah, winning is all anyone remembers!