Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Strike...

...so apparently some of the workers at the hospital may be going on strike as of Jan 11th. Don't you kind it funny that with all the H1N1 fiasco, it would be important to have all maintenance staff working at the hospital? We basically have to nod or chest bump people in order to say "Hi" as touching someones hand would be the end of the earth...and now we'll be able to go to the hospital, the germiest place on earth, and not have anyone to clean the germs. Then, we get news that we shouldn't worry and still go to the ER if we need help. Well Geesh...not that long ago you could barely walk through the doors without a full astronaut outfit and a real life bubble around you...and now we'll have to walk over dirty, wet, icky floors....pee on...ugh....you get my point.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't strike...everyone has a right to fair wages, no matter what job you're doing...but shouldn't the government try to resolve something like this before the last freakin minute? They are well aware of when the contract is up, after all, they argue every time it comes up for renewal! I can't visit anyone at the hospital cause of the H1N1 Visitor Ban, I can't read anything while I'm there because of the H1N1 ban, my child can't have anything to do cause of the H1N1 ban...and now I'll be expected to bring my cleaning supplies or take my garbage with me...hell no! I pick up enough and clean enough crap at my house that I refuse to do it anywhere else...after all, part of my money goes to pay those workers...give them a fair wage...respect them...they are surely worth it to me...AND IT'S MY MONEY!

Ok...enough of the serious talk for today....

"Hands up, what
Hands up, what
Hand-hands up, what
Hands up, get your hands up, what" - TLC

No comments: