Thursday, January 21, 2010

Singing...

...so I tape Oprah everyday and I hope to make it to see her show before she retires ...yeah I know, that's a dream. Anyways, one thing that always cracks me up is when she has musical guests. The camera always pans to her dancing and singing to the music, but she never sings the words at the right place! Ever notice that? She sings totally offbeat...drives me nuts!! I know her friend Gail calls her everyday to talk about the show and often tells her if she hated her hair or her outfit...why on earth wouldn't she inform her that her singing is totally off?? I know her claim to fame is not singing, but man...she's wayyyyyy off...like not just a little...A LOT. She's basically still singing the chorus when the verse starts. Doesn't she clue in that she's not doing like the singer? She should never get a music career...stick to talking. Actually, while we're on topic, there's another thing she does that kinda irks me and it's that when she says something that she feels is real deep, she repeats it. Like, yesterday when she was talking about Wyclef Jean and his experience in Haiti. She said something like this: Wyclef described Haiti as an apocalypse. It's an apocalypse. I never thought of it like that before....Haiti is an apocalypse..." OK, OK, I get it...an Apocalypse...heard it the first time. hehehe...I know she just wants to get the point across, but she always does that. I guess it's just her thing. Hey, who am I to say, after all she makes something like $250 Million/year...that's much more money than I'll ever know!

"Oooooo Oprah..." - The Old Oprah theme music

No comments: