Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday...

...so I have the day off today. Things started off great as the little only woke up at 7:30! That's sleeping in at our house so I was real happy about that. We then got up and played a little and I had this bright idea to start a fire. The floors were a little cold so a small fire in the wood stove would do the trick...or so I thought. Well, I start it and the smoke is just filling the house up. No matter what way I turn the draft thing on the pipe, the smoke just kept coming in. It was bad enough that the smoke detectors were going off. Now I'm running around trying to stop the smoke, block every vent to upstairs and stop the darn detectors from going off! The little one was at the top of the stairs yelling "Uh Oh Mama...noise...uh oh..." as if I couldn't hear it myself. After frigging with the stove for 15 minutes I finally got it to stop...now the house is completely filled with smoke and my plan to warm the house completely backfired as I had every window we own wide open to get some air. I make a great housewife!

Before lunch I decided to get a few groceries in town. I usually go to Sobeys, but this time I felt like hitting up the Superstore. Now I know why I don't go there. I love their clothes and the fresh cut fruit and salads, but their grocery bags are the pits. They are super flimsy. I can barely get them from the cart to the car without dropping a few dozen things then when I get home I have to search all over the trunk for my groceries! Is there a need? The Sobeys ones are stronger and stay in place...these ones are awful. I pick up two bags and out go the Gingerbread men cookies I bought...now they all have no heads...lovely. Even the little one was annoyed as he normally drags a bag full of stuff to me to empty and this time by the time he made it to me there was nothing left in the bag!

Now it's naptime and after all this commotion I think i'm gonna take one too.

"I keep on fallin'....." - Alicia Keys

No comments: