Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Everybody's workin for the weekend..."

...so it seems like on Mondays I'm already planning for Fridays...are y'all doing the same thing? There's always something going on. We had a busy weekend last weekend and it seems like this coming one will be the same.

Last weekend the Oceanographer retired so all his teacher friends threw him a party on Friday night. That was interesting...apparently I was a good student...most of them claim to have liked me in class...not sure if that was the alcohol talking or if they just didn't have the heart to tell me I was annoying. The Oceanographer has pulled many pranks over the years and many were brought up that night. One good one was when he was teaching in the classroom directly above Mrs.T's classroom. He'd found that one of the floor tiles could be removed exposing a small hole to her classroom. He'd wait till he'd see her walk by and with perfect timing, he'd drop a brand new piece of chalk on her head! It wouldn't be long before you'd hear the high heals stomping up the stairs to yell at him....his students loved it. Then there was the time Mrs. T had bought a new dress. This dress was one she had saved her money to buy...you know...THEEEEEE DRESS...and boy was she proud. She walked in the Staff Room, sporting her lovely new dress and the Oceanographer yells out...."Who's curtains were those?" Well...needless to say, she never wore the dress again! We had a good laugh and a good cry...he will be missed in the hallways by all.

We also went to my friend Preggo#2 's 30th Birthday Party. Her little girl was so proud that it was her mommy's birthday. All she could say was "Happy Birthday Mommy!!" and when she was asked how old her mommy was that day, she'd respond "Mommy's real old!" It's too bad Preggo#2 is Preggo cause I bet she would have wanted a good stiff drink that night! HAHA!

Well I've talked long enough...time to get back to work...and get another cup of coffee. I've slacked on the Timmies lately and just drinking the office brew. My drive-thru rage was causing me stress...

"Age ain't nothing but a number" - Aaliyah

No comments: