Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Parking...

...so I read in the paper that the guy who owns a restaurant near Peggy's Cove is now charging $5 to park your car on his lot...if you end up buying something from him he'll reimburse the $5. People are outraged...and really I have to disagree. There is free parking at various locations, but people tend to park in his lot. Everything costs money now and he's just trying to make a living. I mean, the hospital charges you to park there and most of the time it's not a choice to even be there...if you gotta go you gotta pay. Heck, hotels charge like $20/night to park your car to then pay to stay the night and we all do it...what's the big deal for this guy to ask $5? ANd how freakin often do you even go there...maybe once a year...holy hannah...why are we even talking about this?

Seriously, I'm upset with Gas Prices, the Markets, the "Sunday Drivers", the fact that my DVR isn't recording 2 things at the same time all of a sudden....let's not sweat the small stuff people...really. I lose $5 in change between my seat and my cup holder at least once a month...big hairy deal. I'm a cheapo, but not that cheap. If I'm gonna go there to see the sights and I decide to park in dude's parking lot, the least I can do is give him $5...after all, it's his money that paid for the lot in the first place! Cripes, the government charges people to get into Parlee Beach...it's a natural landmark and we pay to do that on vacation. Fiew...let's even go a bit farther...there's toll booths on highways...aren't we paying enough in taxes to make roads that they shouldn't need to charge us more!! We all pay that. Heck, we even pay $5 to go down Magnetic Hill even though we know we're going downhill and there really isn't a trick to it!!

Cut this guy some slack...he has a family to feed too...give him $5 and smile. Could be worse...if the government owned it we could be paying to park there out of our tax dollars each and every paycheque!

"Heal the world...make it a better place..." - Michael Jackson

1 comment:

NanNan said...

Agree with you one hundred per cent-- in fact I agree with just about all your witty and humourous rants!! Enjoying your blog immensely since finding it yesterday--- still laughing about Tim's service and pardon my French!