Friday, July 18, 2008

Hdot...

...so I tried all morning to get Elton tickets and had no luck. Had the computer and two phones on the go and still couldn't get through. I'm disappointed...but I suppose I'll get over it. It's hardly the end of the earth...just something I really wanted to do. Oh well...

Sooooo tomorrow I'm off on a Stagette in Hdot! I'm quite excited to go. I'll have fun even if we end up playing skip boo all night long. It's just nice to get out with some girls, talk about "stuff" and get prettied up. We're leaving early tomorrow morning and my main concern is figuring out when I'm going to buy my coffee! I opted to drive then I'd be in control of the Tim runs but the first one isn't for about 45 minutes...not sure if I can hold out that long at 7:30 am...know what I mean? I think I'm gonna have to go with the gas station coffee to hold me over till Timmies. The problem with gas station coffee is that it often taste like the bottom of an ashtray...or what I would assume that would taste like. I think it's cause they make it right away when the place opens which is sometime around the crack of dawn and people only show up there at normal time which is after 8 ish...coffee sitting on a warmer then results in an icky taste. Gee, now I'm talking myself out of that option. Anyways, the funny thing with Stagettes is that they totally differ from Stag Parties. The guys want to do outdoor-sy type stuff, then eat fattening stuff, drink beer, burp and fart, look at naked ladies and pass out. Girls tend to go shopping, go get pretty, then go out to eat somewhere fancy, then go get pretty again, then play games that involve saying the P word, then touch up the prettiness, then go dancing then go to bed. It's weird how our brains don't think the same, eh? I've told you before, I'm not She She Poo Poo so getting pretty isn't my forte. I know there are a few girls that do a good job so I'm sure they'll help me out. Those are the same girls that buy new high heals to go out dancing...NOT ME...give me comfy FLAT sandals so I don't fall all over the place and I'm happy as a clam. So maybe you'll see us out on the town tomorrow night...despite my uncool attire, I'll be the one shaking my "tailfeather"like there's no tomorrow...and I think that counts for something!

"She's got electric boots a mohair suit...You know i read it in a magazine" - Elton John

1 comment:

NanNan said...

The coffee dilemna?? On Christms Eve we fill our thermos with straight black, then reheat it in the morning!! How pathetic is that? I swear there's something extra addictive, besides caffeine that is---