Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back to work...

...so I was at Music Camp all last week with a bunch of kids aged 10-14...what a hoot! I forgot what it was it was like being a teen and boy did I get a refresher course last week. You have the girls dolling up for the boys' attention, you have the boys that act like jocks, the boys that are more shy then the two groups making fun of each other....a few tears were shed, but nothing major. See ,when I was that age I remember having little crushes on all my leaders...I think that's one thing that's changed with this generation...they didn't seem to crush on the male instructors which is probably a good thing I guess. Must be we were just boy crazed! I was thought of as the cool leader though -or so I was told anyways...and I'll wear that hat proudly! Not sure if it was my jokes or my Tina Turner impression that did it...either was I was pleased. "Rollin', Rollin', Rollin' on the river...do DO dododo DO dododo..." I had some wonderful dance moves to go with the song too....well they were wonderful in my head anyways.

I took my little one to my aunts camp this weekend. He had fun, but he did go through a cranky spell. He was perfect when there was just a few of us there, but decided to whine when there was a camp full of people. That was fun, I tell you. He'd whine and I'd look at him....and instead of yelling I always try to reason with him. So I'd say : "boy, I know it's rough being 1 and a half...life is tough...but you're going to have to learn to suck it up....whining and crying gets you nowhere...so lets breathe and stop this foolishness" Then I get his response to that..."Uh OH" and WHACK - his sippy cup in my face. Apparently he wasn't having what I was saying.

My fat lip has since gone down...

"I'm not a perfect person.......but I continue learning" - Hoobastank

No comments: