Monday, June 16, 2008

Vacation days...

...so hubby and I went on a weekend getaway at White Point Beach Resort. It is such a relaxing place...can't help but feel rested...there are bunnies everywhere, the sun was shining, the sand was warm, the draft was excellent....can't go wrong really.

I've described it like going down South, but the people don't say "Ola!" and the water is not for swimming, well unless you want to start practicing for the Polar Bear Club. Hubby and I started to walk down the beach...the sun was burning my shoulders, I smelled like coconuts, holding hands....then my feet touched the water....YIKES! There was nothing attractive by the way I moved my body out of the way of the Arctic waters...Kinda killed the romantic mood. After that we decided to lay on the beach for a while. Hubby hates laying down on the beach...he finds it extremely boring, but I told him it was going to be relaxing and we wouldn't stay all day...just lay back and take a nap or something. Everything was fine...he opened some snacks (Teddy Grams and Licorish) and laid down on his towel...WELL...then a big gust of wind blew over us and voila...sand EVERYWHERE...on his licorish, in his teeth, stuck in his ears....well that was the end of that. We packed up and walked back towards our room. Hubby then feels the need to play games so he convinced me to play tennis. For those who know me, I'm not much of a tennis pro and frankly have not played any sport since High School...but he did lay on the beach for a while so I said yes. It didn't take long before I was annoyed with that. He kept hitting the ball like a pro...bare in mind I'm on turtle speed...so I spent most of the time dodging the ball and then running around trying to find the ball. After a while of that I asked if we could play something else....horseshoes was the option...so I went for it...after all, I can play washers and it's the same concept...can't be that bad. OH YA RIGHT...those horseshoes are heavy! He was making ringers and I was barely making it to the sand pit...in no time the score was 10 to 0. I mean, who on earth makes divots with horsehoes? ME! There was chunks of grass removed everywhere from the thump of my non-pit-reaching horseshoes...very sad. I eventually started to get better and made a few good shots. He didn't end up beating me by a lot, but I think he was taking it easy on me...I didn't let on I knew he was being a gentleman...that was his idea of being romantic and I'll take it in any form I can.

We ate lots of amazing food, drank all kinds of good drinks and had some laughs....all in all it was a fantastic vacation....can't wait to go again...minus the sports.

"...afternoon delight" - Starland Vocal Band

No comments: