Friday, June 6, 2008

TGIF....

...so I've taken the day off today. My Hubby is gone golfing all weekend on that small island province of ours and I'm home with the little guy. So far I've had My Chatty Friend and My Farty Cousin over for snacks and gossip and today I primed my front door as well as painted the window sill in the bathroom. Right now I'm kinda loopy from the oil paint fumes so that might make the afternoon interesting.

Since we're siding our house and not changing the front door, I feel like it needs to be painted, you know, to be stylish and more modern. I went to the hardware store today and picked out a paint color in hopes that it looks half normal. See, the plan is to have it done before hubby gets back so he can't bug me. Hubby doesn't really care on the color cause he's color blind anyways and likely won't even know what color it is. Poor guy, I tease him about his color blindness all the time. I'll be like..."hey hubby, what color is that?" and point to something knowing full well he has no sweet clue. I remember this one time we went shopping for a purple t-shirt for his ball team and he picked out every blue shirt he could find. I know it's not nice to make fun of people but I just can't help it...it's funny.

Oh and I forgot to tell y'all about the grump that works at the speeding ticket place. Ya so remember I got caught for speeding and then I paid my ticket but arranged to lose my license for a week towards the end of June?? Well anyways, I now have lots of work stuff I need to do that week so I called to change my week again...BAD MOVE...this lady was the most grumpiest lady I've ever talked to. She huffed and puffed the whole time she had me on the phone...and really, why was she grumpy? She didn't spend almost $300 on a darn ticket. She's not the one that has to be driven around like a baby for a week. She's not the one that now needs to put cruise control and has everyone honking at her cause she's driving so slow. She's not the one who pretty much has to take a week off work. NOOOO...she's just the one who has to type in her computer that I'm to lose my license in August instead of June...what's the big hairy deal? I never yelled at her, I never raised my voice...well...actually I did after she got sassy with me when I explained that I was having a hard time finding a week that was suitable to lose my license....that's when she told me "to deal with it" and that's when I felt like telling her "to shove it" but I held back and hung up on her instead.

"Baby, that's the right kinda wrong..." - LeAnn Rimes

No comments: