Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Music Camp...

...so i'm gearing up for a Music Camp in a couple weeks where me and another guy will be the Vocal Coaches for the camp. I'm getting a little excited because it's the first time i've done something like this so i'm having fun trying to plan out our schedule.

We had a heck of a time trying to find songs that are
A)Appropriate for kids aged 10-14 and B) Songs they'd think were remotely cool.

We found some songs and I think the kids will like them. We looked on the internet for a list of new cool songs...bad move...there's nothing on that list with clean lyrics. I mean, we can't have 10 yr olds talking about drinking and doing things they shouldn't even know about...not really appropriate.

For example, I like Carrie Underwood.... now lets picture a 10 yr old singing this: "Right now he's probably slow dancing with a bleached-blond tramp, and she's probably getting frisky..." Not really appropriate, eh? Didn't think so.

No comments: