Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hard Morning...

...so this morning I got up at 5:52 am...I can't set my alarm for a normal time like 5:50 or 5:55 cause I don't sleep well knowing that it's set for a normal time so I set it for a really odd time like 5:52....ANYWAYS, I'm an oddball....stop laughing...OK so I got up and went to Master T's House to wait for her son's headstone to come.

Master T has a son that was very special to many people and he had a terminal illness called Hurler's Syndrome. It's a variation of the Mucopolysaccharide (MPS) disease, know to some as "Dwarf Syndrome". He passed away on December 28, 2007 at the young age of 15. His headstone couldn't be put in until now as they must wait till the ground softens up. It was an emotional morning and it brought some closure...but with closure comes much grief. I must say that I'm a little bummed today on one hand, but happy on the other as it's nice to know that he lived a wonderful life and he is finally at peace with a beautiful headstone set in just the right place for all to come see him for the rest of our lives. Now I have somewhere to take my son to talk about this special little boy...our memories of him will never fade...so today is the day we remember, we smile and we cherish the ones around us!

Love you Kolby

"I will remember you..." - Sarah Mclachlan

No comments: