Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Royalty...

...so Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip are coming to Halifax at the end of June. I'm still not sure what her job duties are and I'm not sure why we need to pay for her to come and visit us but apparently many are excited. I'm not really that excited...only certain people will get to meet her cause they basically need "Meet the Queen" training before they get anywhere near her. There's loads of things you're not supposed to do and if you did break one of the so-called rules it could offend her and then she'll never come back. Well she takes forever in between visits so does it really matter that I spoke before she did? Or that I bowed when I was supposed to curtsy? Or that I squeezed her hand and didn't gently hold it? I think the last time she visited was in 1994. What's cool is that she's sported the same hairdo for decades and she has her own "waving" technique that now even Miss America uses. Maybe that's how she makes money...she patented the "wave".

"Isn't she lovely..." - Stevie Wonder

No comments: