Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Criminals...

...so the Auditor General has referred 5 MLA's to the RCMP for investigation regarding their Constituency Expense Claims. 4 are former MLA's and one is still in the house. No names are being mentioned but I have a sneaking suspicion I could guess on a few...I'm sure we'll know for sure who real soon. I'm a little relieved that something is being done here. I'm also relieved that it's more than just one. Now no one can say that one person is taking the fall and being used as an example. Many were wrong in their claims and it was evident that many did it on purpose and only fessed up after being busted. We would go do jail for stealing from anyone...glad these people can't hide behind the Government and be above the law. Last time I checked, we are all peers so what's good for one is good for the others. I'm unsure what the penalty will be if any are found guilty and I can only hope that we, the taxpayers, won't have to pay for their legal fees.

(http://www.thevanguard.ca/News/2010-05-18/article-1118175/Five-MLAs-referred-to-RCMP-for-investigation/1)

"Oops I did it again..." - Britney Spears

No comments: