Thursday, September 11, 2008

The younger years...

...so I dropped off the little one at Daycare this am. He just loves it there! He can't wait to go and gets all excited when I ask him to get his shoes. Once we get there, he runs right to the truck table and plays with the dinky cars...he's in his glory! Today I noticed that this same little girl is always playing at the table with the little one. It's almost like there's a little daycare crush going on...kinda cute really cause they're way too little to understand the meaning of a relationship.

My little one is really affectionate. The other day I brought him to the doctors office for a check up and he got ready to leave...he made it to the door then stopped, turned around and ran back to the Dr. to give her a hug and kiss. It was too cute. Once we got out into the reception area, I asked him to say bye to the receptionist and instead of waving he ran and gave her a hug and kiss...then he went around the room and hugged everyone that was sitting there waiting. There was this lady there was was 97 yrs old...she was tickled pink that he gave her a hug...you could see it in her face....it was very cute. I'm glad he's not shy but I guess I wouldn't want him to hug everyone for the rest of his life. I think he'll learn not to hug people just at random in time. I don't want to tell him not to hug the people in the waiting room as I don't want to him to think that hugging is bad...he doesn't understand...I guess he sees his Dada hug me all the time so he thinks he should do the same...or I hope he sees his Dad hug me and not other women out and about...hum...makes me think now... hehehe

It reminds me of my preschool days. I had little crushes on boys. I even had one boy really like me. I wasn't too keen on him and he was always after me for a hug or to sit in the chair beside me. I guess he got fed up one day of me brushing him off so he wrote me a poem. I'll never forget it...it goes:

"Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
I like big butts
That's why I like you!"

How hilarious is that?? HAHAHA I guess he didn't realize that commenting on my large rump probably wasn't the best plan...but I guess I can give him some credit for trying. He did make a mark on my little grade days as I still remember it. Actually, I might still have it somewhere...I'll have to look. My hubby never wrote me a poem...I'm scared to see what he'd come up with.


"I like big butts and I cannot lie..." - Sir Mix A Lot

1 comment:

NanNan said...

Hahahaahhhaa--hilarious-- your little guy sounds like a gem-- don't stop the hugging,, My family never hugged and I still feel deprived!!! As for the little crush boy,,, definitely not good husband material,,,