Monday, September 29, 2008

Sir Elton John...

...so I had the honor of going to see him on Saturday Night...one word...PHENOMENAL! He was even more talented than I thought. His piano skills were amazing and his way of connecting to his audience was even better. He sat at his piano and played for nearly 3 hours with no breaks. He had a standing ovation after each song and mouthed the words "Thank You" many times throughout the night. I waited patiently for "Benny and the Jets" and was overjoyed when those glorious chords starting coming out of the speakers.

The fans were a little crazy though. The lights were getting dim and we were trying to find our seats. We were a little late cause we had just spent $5.50 on each a beer and realized we couldn't bring them to our seats so we stood there and guzzled them like boys at a frat party....we were hot... so anyways, when we finally got to our row we realized our seats were all the way at the other end of the row. We apologized to the people we had to sneak by and they were all real nice till this one lady one row behind us yelled "SIT DOWN!!" in the meanest voice ever. I looked up, puzzled as Elton wasn't on the stage yet and we were simply trying to get to our seats...then she yells it again! I couldn't believe it so I stopped, looked at her and said "Listen lady, we've paid the same amount of money as you and we're trying to get to our seats...HOLD ON!" I was surprised someone could be so rude. We got to our seats and were still kinda annoyed with that crazy lady...I mean, could they get any rude-er? OH YES...we met her match...the lady in front of us! Elton starts "Our Song" and we were totally mesmerized. We were such in awe that we just sat there with our jaws wide open the entire song and didn't say a word. Once he was done and people were clapping, we talked amongst ourselves to say how exciting this all was...then it happened...the rudest lady ever...she turns around and says "SHHHHH!!!!". I chuckled cause, I mean, she couldn't of been Shhh-ing us...then she does it again.... "SHHHHHH!!!!"....UN FRICKEN REAL! Here we are...section 43...almost touching the roof...thousands of people screaming and crying....and this lady says "SHHHHH" Nuh-uh!!!...wasn't having that. We started to laugh...and laugh some more....and are now crying cause this lady had the nerve to tell us to SHHHHH...boy was she in for it once we started singing along!!

So to the lady in Section 43, with the Blond out of date hairdo, and the real acky sweater, who thought that by Shhh-ing three ladies out of a whole stadium of people she'd hear the rumble of the crowd better....GET A LIFE! HAHAHAH!

"...how wonderful life is, with you in the world." - Elton John

1 comment:

NanNan said...

Standing ovation-- to you!! I nearly got myself killed at the exhibition by giving H--- to a group of teenage girls for butting in line ahead of me!! I would have been so annoyed with the Shusher too-- and by the way,, I'm jealous- I need to get a life besides reading your blog!!!