Thursday, September 25, 2008

Lovely, fricken lovely...

...so I went to the Dentist yesterday to fill a cavity. Haven't done that in years and I was soooo nervous that I chewed the inside of my cheeks all day. I got there and the dentist told me the needle may hurt a bit but after that I wouldn't feel a thing...he promised! So, he did the needle and that didn't feel great, but I dealt with it and slowly my cheeks and tongue started to get numb. After a few minutes of watching some kind weird show on Discovery, the dentist came back and started to drill. He did it for a few seconds then stopped and asked if I was ok...I responded yes and then he said "See, I told you that you wouldn't feel anything!" After that he proudly drilled my tooth again till I jolted! He stopped and I told him that I felt something...kinda resonated down my jaw...not cool, at all....so he said "oh great, I guess you made a liar out of me, more freezing for you!" Lovely...fricken lovely...so here goes another needle in my mouth and it hurt a little so clearly I needed it. After a few minutes he started again and everything was fine. Now, you can only imagine what my face looked like...frozen from my ear to past my nose, up over my eye and halfway down my neck. I could barely smile and now I had to face the waiting room...AND talk to the receptionist! Lovely...fricken lovely. I managed to make a fool of myself by talking with a really bad lisp, along with a pile of drooling coming down the right side of my face...hot stuff ,I was. If Botox feels anything like that then I definitely know I'm never getting any!

Today things are back to normal, but I had a rough time with the coffee maker. The filters we have are round and we really need the cone ones but we've made do for the last few months...but NOT TODAY! I made 3 pots and all of them resulted with grains all over the place and coffee all over the counter. I was so grumpy...this girl needs her coffee...I even tried my paper towel trick and still had coffee everywhere...(note to self: don't use industrial strength paper towel as it soaks it all up ...lovely, fricken lovely.) I ended up going to my favorite bakery to get some coffee instead...and this is the first time I've gone there and not bought a treat. It was real hard resisting the shortbread with chocolate drizzle cookies...and the cheesecake....and the new chocolate clumps that look like bird poop but taste like a little bit of chocolate heaven...I felt like it was too early to eat sweets, plus I drove and I really should walk there to get my treats...makes me feel better...or so I try to convince myself.

"If a picture paints a thousand words then why can't I paint you..." -Bread

1 comment:

NanNan said...

You sound just like me-- from the dental fear to coffee flops--- I hadn't been in TEN years,, until last August,, decided to face my fears (toothache,duh) and soon recalled the reason for my prolonged leave of absence.. I'm within walking distance of a bakery--hmmmm---