Wednesday, September 17, 2008

"Things that make you go hum?!"

...so in today's paper I read an article about a lady in Bridgedot that was permanently injured by her own tombstone....yes, you read that right...her tombstone. According to the Chronicle Herald, her tombstone fell on her ankle and she is seeking compensation from the manufacturer for her pain and suffering. She claims she advised the company that it wasn't set properly and they advised her they had fixed it, but apparently they hadn't...or so she claims.

Now, let's get to the burning question in my mind...What on earth are you doing visiting your tombstone and jiggling it around? Do you not find that a little creepy? I certainly do. I know many people buy their tombstones ahead of time and have then set in place for when the time comes they need to "use" them. I can assure you this is not something I would do as I plan on leaving money for someone else to order one. After all, it means something to those left behind...what do I care what it looks like if I'm 6 feet under? Anyways, let's get over that and assume I did buy my own tombstone...I can't see I'd go visit it...let alone touch it. The cemetery is not a place I like to go...and especially not to go visit my future home. Rather odd, don't ya think?!

"How bizarre, how bizarre" - OMC

1 comment:

NanNan said...

Didn't read the story,,BUT I can remember the days when tombstones, cemeteries, and burial plots were the last thing on my mind---