Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Healthy?...

...so I read today that Green Tea might be linked to liver disease. http://thechronicleherald.ca/NovaScotia/1173727.html

The article states that too much green tea extract has been proven to cause major liver complications. This confirms something I've said for years....too much of anything is bad! My Father, the Oceanographer, told me just this weekend that be it actual medication or just supplements from the health food store, it's not what you take that kills you, it's the dosage. You can die from drinking too much water so this article is no surprise to me. I know lots of people who claim that taking herbs and other natural supplements is far better than medication...here's another reason why they would be wrong. I don't think taking supplements is a bad thing...but neither is taking a Tylenol from time to time either. My point has always been that just cause it's "natural" or comes from the health food store, doesn't mean it's healthy. Again...it's the dose you take that makes all the difference in the world.

So there...I'll stick to my coffee, thank you very much!

"Too much of something is bad enough..." - Spice Girls

No comments: