Monday, November 23, 2009

Trouble...

...so I read in the Chronicle Herald today that a lady in Quebec was denied her Benefit Payments due to Facebook. She was on paid sick leave due to depression and Manulife, the Insurance Company, stopped her payments cause they saw all kinds of pictures of her having a grand ole time at the Chippendale's (male dancers), a sun destination vacation and out dancing at some clubs. They felt she was no longer depressed, therefore cancelled her benefits. This would be another example of how people forget that "Big Brother" is watching. If you post things on the Internet then you need to be willing to deal with the consequences. I often wonder what the young kids are thinking when they post pictures of themselves and their friends drinking underage. I have my mom, my relatives, my neighbours, etc...on my facebook so I assume they do too...wouldn't that be reason enough to keep those pics off of facebook?....or is it that the parents don't care? I know...you might be saying, "well Ldot...maybe those kids don't have all those people on their accounts."...to that I would say, it doesn't matter cause the pics are out there for all to see so IT WILL get back to the "wrong people" at some point.

I also wondered if this would be enough evidence for the police to start charging people with underage drinking or possession of drugs or something? It would definitely be enough evidence to make them watch you a little more closely, wouldn't it? I have also seen young folks post pics of them kissing their girlfriend/boyfriend...not something I would have wanted my mom to see when I was 15 or so!

Back in my younger days...and I know it wasn't all that long ago...anyways...back then, we did things we probably shouldn't have but we didn't take pics and show them to everyone in the world. We kept it to ourselves. I'm some glad I'm not a teen nowadays cause everything they do is either video taped, photographed, written about, broadcasted...and the list goes on! They should be a little more careful as their activities may come back to bite them in the butt when they're looking for work. It would be hard for a school to hire a teacher who's facebook is loaded with drunken, doped up pictures of them and their friends all the time. Doesn't paint a good picture....know what I mean?

Just my thoughts this morning...give me time with my coffee and I'll get less serious and more silly... :P

"Just another Manic Monday..." - The Bangles

No comments: