Tuesday, November 24, 2009

AMA's...

...so what did you think of Adam Lamberts performance on the AMA's on Sunday night??? I think it was a little bit much. I don't care what his sexual preference is...it was a bit over the top. I know there's been much controversy over this and most of it is because some feel it's being criticised due to his sexual orientation. I don't think it matters what he does in his private life, fact is this performance was a tad too racy for regular TV and really, it was quite unnecessary. It does make me think this was done purposely to start a "scandal" and give him lots of exposure...kinda like the Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson oops....or "wardrobe malfunction" as they liked to call it. Actually, let's talk about that for a minute...I don't know why they didn't just admit that it was done purposely. The question no one asked is this: Did she have a matching "decoration" on the other breast? This would prove if it was done by accident or if it was a publicity stunt. Kinda weird how no one asked that...

Let's get back to Lambert. I read today that ABC (the network that aired the AMA's) was cancelling some of his performances on other shows they air. That, to me , makes no sense. The performers rehearse many times before the actual AMA show so you'd think someone would have noticed this performance was a bit over the top. After all, they are responsible for what they show us, the viewers...so why think it's too much now...only after the outrage? I could have told them during rehearsals that it was a bit too much and to tame it down. Sexual innuendos are common...but nothing was left to the imagination there! Another thing that I found a bit odd was the fact that "The View" wanted to show a clip of the performance on Monday, but ABC wouldn't allow it as it's too raunchy for daytime television. Well...if it's too bad for daytime, then wouldn't you think it's too bad for evening TV...it's not as if 10:00 PM is that late anymore. I know that after midnight there are lots of shows that push the envelope....not that many before...so what's up? Does ABC want the "scandal" for ratings too?

Hummm.....Makes you wonder, eh?

"Oh do you know what you've got into...can you handle what I'm about to do..." - Adam Lambert

**If you haven't seen the video, try searching it on the Internet

No comments: