Monday, November 9, 2009

Deer Smeer...

...so hubby hit a deer last night with our car. Well...sorry...the deer ran into him last night. It came out of the ditch and next you know, he saw this big head in the window. It was a buck...probably trying to run away from all the hunters. Apparently animals don't talk amongst themselves cause I'm sure the porcupines could have told him to avoid any pavement, yellow lines and moving things with headlights. The side of the car is nothing but a huge dent, there's no side mirror and some deer hair can be found in the door handles...lovely.

I didn't know he had hit the deer as I was out to a function and only got home a few hours after he did. We park side by side in the driveway and I park the buggy next to the passenger side. When I got in the house, he was in bed and he was grumbling under his breath. I got in bed and he was quiet...kinda waiting for me to say something. Finally he said: "Well....?????" To that I answered: "I'm sorry I'm so late.." and then started spewing loads of information on my reasoning for being uber late. He then said: "anything else..???!!" This is when I thought he was real mad, but then he informed me about the deer incident and the damage on the side of the car. I couldn't believe it....I just got out of the buggy right next to the wrecked car and never noticed a thing. He said he wasn't surprised I didn't see the dents considering I hadn't noticed the fact that there was no side mirror on the car...apparently I'm blind...oops. He was pissed...I was laughing....I tend to laugh when I'm nervous, shocked, upset, etc... He was a little puzzled with my laughter....and wasn't right impressed with my reaction. I couldn't help it. I knew he was ok...the kids weren't in the car...and all I could picture was this deer head-butting our car and flying in the ditch. For some reason that was real funny to me....then the fact I didn't even notice our totally wrecked car....he eventually laughed with me, but it wasn't as funny to him as it was to me. At least it took the focus off the fact that I had told him I'd be home by 11 and only rolled in at 1 am....thank you deer!

"Dirtiest Drunk...Dirtiest Drunk....Dirtiest Drunk in the history of liquor" - The Stanfields

No comments: