Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sickness...

...so the oldest little one has H1N1. Lovely. I decided to take the youngest little one to my mothers and stay with him till the other child was better but now I have it. I feel like my lungs are on fire...lucky for us, we've had the shot so it should lessen our symptoms and we all have Tamiflu...time will tell. If you see me out and about, I'm letting you know now that I haven't had a breast reduction....just not wearing a bra....it hurts when I cough and I feel stuck in a bra....so consider yourselves warned.

I'm supposed to go dress shopping with my Chatty Cousin on Saturday. I don't know if I'm supposed to be quarantined...if I can go...what to do. I decided to call 811, the number the government has put in place to answer medical questions. I had to listen to 10 minutes of information about flu symptoms vs cold symptoms and then the recording kept urging me to call 811 if I had any questions....hummmm???....that's odd considering I WAS CALLING 811 you MORON! ANyways...Finally, I reached someone and asked the question: "I have H1N1 and am taking Tamiflu...how long should I been in quarantine? The lady kindly answers that she'll have to take my name and number and have a nurse call me back. Hummm???....aren't I supposed to be talking to a nurse? What the hell is the point of this number if the people answering the phone aren't qualified to answer any medical questions? Why did I have to listen to a recording about all those symptoms.....I want to ask a damn question, not listen to service announcement! Let's hope they call back at a decent hour cause my friend Master T called a few weeks ago and had the same response ...she then had the fortune of getting a call back at 5 am...nice!

"She's got it...yeah baby she's got it..." - Bananarama

No comments: