Thursday, May 14, 2009

Elections, Smelections...

...so apparently we're having another Election, this time it's Provincial. I guess our Premier thinks it's a good time to get one going so we're preparing to go to the polls on June 9th. I think this is a total waste of money, yet again....and I'm not too sure the PC party will win. Really, there's no party that's good cause they all promise things during election time that they never actually end up doing when in power. It's the same across the board. I like voting for the person, not necessarily the party. I see it this way, the person is supposed to act on our behalf and I understand they have to tow the party line to some extent, but at the end of the day that person needs to live in this community so he/she should always consider us before the party.

Now we're going to see loads of signs and ads, likely being paid for my our tax dollars in some way or another. Also, election day is expensive as WE, yes WE, need to pay the people who work the polls all frigging day...and don't forget the voter cards they mail out, the actual vote papers we fill out that day and all the parties that go on for each candidate. I know they need to pay for some things, but I'm sure we're paying for a lot of it. Oh and how can we forget the pensions of the people who lose the re-election...yup, they get booted, but still leave with a nice parting gift care of WE, the Taxpayers.

I like having the ability to vote...just hate that we're constantly at the polls...I wish there were a way to regulate these things.

"And the winner takes it all..." - ABBA

No comments: