Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Addiction...

...so most people are addicted to Facebook these days. I know I go on at least a couple times per day to see what people are up to and what funny things they have to say. I do think people should have a little more common sense when posting their status messages. Nothing worse than something like this: So and So can't believe that happened! ...or So and So is the happiest person in the world...or So and So is shocked! All of those are super annoying cause you know someone is gonna ask what the hell is going on. There was one the other day that annoyed me and this girl posted "So and So knows a secret, but can't tell anyone yet" WHY would you even bother putting that??? That's just plain ridiculous. Oh there's another good one I saw..."So and So thinks that some people should mind their own business!" Well then get off facebook and stop posting your life story you ding dong!

People have to realize that there's nothing wrong with Facebook if used properly. Post that you're at work...or heading to town...or graduating...or you bought a new awesome sweater...or you found a new recipe for the slow cooker....that kind of stuff. Don't post that people are mean, that you hate the world, that you know something the rest doesn't, that your life sucks or that you have a rash all over your body....no one wants to hear that stuff! Seems to me that's just common sense. I don't mind hearing that so and so is feeling ill today or is annoyed with their children or that they're hurting somewhere...just don't need to read 57 status messages of the same thing from the same person...got the hint the first time. I do my fair share of complaining, but it's mostly to my close friends who understand what's going on. I don't think facebook needs to hear that my hoo-hoo is swollen, or that my bladder control is out of whack, or that I have nosebleeds most mornings, or that my breasts are ginormous and leaking milk...just some things I think are better left off Facebook so that all my half friends, weirdos, people I met once, relatives and my real friends who have already heard it anyways have to read it daily. It's just not relevant or interesting.

Oh and there's another group of Facebook status-ers that drive me and it's the ones that post that life is soooooo wonderful every day and that love everything and everyone. You know that's not true! Everyone gets annoyed, mad or bummed about something. I know the saying goes "when life hands you lemons, you make lemonade", but let's face it...some days you just want to chuck those lemons away or biff them at somebody. If you're THAT happy everyday then you need to get out of the bubble. Having bad days are part of being normal...or I'm sure hoping so!

Anyways...that's just my thoughts today.

"Tell me lies...tell me sweet little lies..." - Fleetwood Mac

1 comment:

NanNan said...

I love this rant---agree wholeheartedly with everything you say!!!!!I have just given myself a facebook intervention, and deactivated---withdrawal is a b89ch!! but am feeling more healthy--and really enjoying your blog again--except for these darn verification so called words--this one is "hodshid"