Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dinner and a Movie...

...so hubby and I went on a date Saturday Night....Dinner and a Movie. We decided to go to a local seafood hot spot on the waterfront for dinner and were seated right by the brewery tanks and lobster tank. As we were talking, I started looking at the poor lobsters all jammed up in the tank. There was one that was on top of the heap that had a few barnacles on it. I didn't realize that those things were actually alive...ya I know, clue in...but I didn't so I was really staring at the thing poking out of the barnacles all over this lobster. I looked at it a little more closely then noticed something rather odd under it's tail. Here were these round little bead-like things hanging under the tail of this lobster. Well, for those who don't know much about fishing, this means this was a female and those beads were eggs. Hubby and I started laughing as this lobster is illegal to have on shore and here it was in the tank for all to see! When the waiter came over, we mentioned the illegal lobster in the tank and he turned red. He didn't know the problem this lobster could give them so basically I just told him that he better not sit a Fishery Officer at our table. A few minutes later another waitress came over to look at it and the chef picked it out of the tank. They were all in a hurry all of a sudden...probably cause the part owner is a lobster buyer so likely this lobster came from his pound...hehehehe...it was rather funny to see them scurry it out the door.

After that eventful dinner we headed to the movies to see "Angels and Demons". It was quite interesting and most of it was a little far fetched. One thing I noticed was that the Vatican (well, the one they showed in the movie) was FULL of naked men statues and paintings. Kinda odd for a building full of older males, wouldn't you say? Kinda makes me wonder with all the stories that have been coming out of the catholic church. Hum...interesting, eh?

My mind is blank for a song today...can't think of a lobster song or a naked man song hehehe

No comments: