Thursday, October 16, 2008

Some things I've noticed...

...so I've been away for a few days in meetings. I headed up to Hdot on Tuesday morning and then ended up in the Valley on Tuesday night...then meetings in the Valley all day Wednesday. I had the chance to watch some of the election coverage...kinda predictable, I think. I met the MP that won his riding in the Valley at Breakfast yesterday morning. Not hard to pick him out, wearing a bright red sweater and with an entourage congratulating him every minute of his meal. Apparently, he had been out holding a "Thank You" sign by the Highway earlier that morning...thought that was pretty cool of him.

One thing I noticed was that the price of gas changed as I made my loop around half the province. Started out as a $112/litre was about $109/litre in Hdot then slowly creeped back up to $112/litre the closer I got to home. Hardly seems fair when we all have cars, we all use gas, we all drive in the same places...know what I mean? If the price is regulated, then wouldn't you think they'd regulate it to be the same all over the place? Seems like simple logic to me.

Last night when I got home I caught up on my favorite soap opera. Some things struck me as odd and I don't know if I'll already mentioned this before...if so too bad, we're talking about it again...anyways, there was a scene where this couple, who's madly in love by the way...they all seem to be...so they wake up and instantly start making out. How do they have such fresh breath in the am? I don't want to be kissing no one as soon as I open my eyes. I mean, it's bad enough they have perfect hair and perfect make up, please give them morning breath! I want, just once, for one of them to say..."here's a mint...now let's go back to our madly in love state and make out". Another thing is that none of them have regular work hours, they rarely spend time with their children cause they can always run out the door when there's a crisis. It's almost like they all have live-in Nanny's. The real big thing for me is that they never take off their shoes, yet their floors are always so clean. How does that happen? Don't get me wrong, I love to watch and get sucked into their fake lives, but I wish the writers would make some things a little more realistic. Give them breath mints...make them take their shoes off when visiting someone...give them eye crusties or drool tracks...something! I'm sure if I've noticed these things, others have as well.

"Notice you, noticing me..." - Kardinall Official

No comments: