Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ring Ring!!!....

...so the Do Not Call Registry is now in effect. Canadians can register their phone numbers so that telemarketers are not permitted BY LAW to phone them. There are some exclusions, but basically any of those annoying ones won't be allowed to call if your name is on the list. If they do call and you report the incident, there is a major fine for the company. Having said all that, I've received more telemarketers call in the last week than ever before. They call in the morning, they called last night at 8:45 pm, they call me at work CONSTANTLY and they call just as I put my fork to my mouth at suppertime. The thing is that they can still call till the end of October because they have to wait to get a list of people on the registry...that takes a month. So this means that they can still call allllll this month and apparently they're going full out to get their time in! Another thing is that they don't ever seem to know who they're calling for! I have one word for them...PRACTICE. "Hello, would Mrs. Lee-a-see New-wellee be home?" Of course she's not home...who the heck is that? Last night they asked for a Jen...are you just randomly calling people for fun or what? Is there a Jen at my house cause if there is then I need to have a conversation with my hubby...seriously! I've had the same phone number for about 5 years...learn my freakin name! And really, is it that hard to pronounce? My first name only has one syllable...not two...very simple...so don't over complicate things...and since when is there a ghost "e" at the end of a name? Geesh...my last name even has two L's to end it so that if you miss your cue to stop at the first L, you have a whole other L to remind you! How much more obvious do we need to get here? If you can't say my name then don't even bother. I'm getting a little annoyed. Try to regulate and just makes it worse. I guess it's kinda like the gas prices...regulation comes in effect and we have the highest gas prices ever...glad their helping us out...geesh!

Talking about gas brings me to my oil bill. I got filled up for the first time since May and boy was I ever shocked at the bill. I'm used to a $500 ish bill so when I saw this one, I just about fell off my chair. It was over $700!!! That's just absolutely ridiculous! How on earth is a person suppose to pay that, pay $1.20 something/litre or more for gas, pay more for fresh veggies and fruits to stay slim all while watching all the economic turmoil all over the news? Plllllease...gotta be a better way.

Ok so now that I got that off my chest, lets talk about Sunday night. We took a family trip to Hdot over the weekend and made it home on time for the little one to have his nap in his own bed. While he napped, I took advantage and dozed off too. I woke up just on time to go to a baby shower for a friend....but I was in a pickle.....my face looked like I come out of a waffle iron! The pillow on the couch has grooves and the whole side of my face was nothing but grooves...big problem! Did you know that make-up cannot hide pillow face? Well, take my word for it...I tried and used up almost all of my cover-up and foundation and still no luck...so now what do I do? Well, I put my hair down so that it covered my cheek and when I got there I sat so that there was no one on my left side! How embarrassing is that? Note to self: Nap on back if need to go somewhere real soon after nap!

Oh you should also know that my little one peed on the potty for the first time last night!! This is exciting stuff for a parent! I bribed him with Smarties and luckily enough he takes after his mom with his love of all things chocolate so he took the bait and went right to the potty! Now he knows that a #1 or #2 gets him a handful of Smarties...let's hope the trend continues!

"Hello!......Is it me you're looking for?" - Lionel Richie

No comments: