Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pop...

...so I was doing the dishes last night and got real annoyed. My hubby drinks pop and he puts the empty bottles in the sink to dry out before placing them in the recycle bag. I know he has the best intentions, but I always have to put them in the recycle bag....he never seems to make that last step. So I go to do the dishes and need to move the empty bottle from the sink to the drying rack...well now there's no room...so the pop bottle goes on the counter...any movement makes the darn thing fall so there is goes boing, bing, bang on the floor...now I pick it up, only to drop it again cause my hand are soapy...boing, bing, bang again on the floor, but now there's soap everywhere too...this process repeats itself every time I do the dishes AWWW! Last night I'm doing the dishes while hubby and the little one are still eating. All of a sudden, there it goes, pop bottle right across the room. I took the darn thing and biffed across the room. Hubby yells, "What are you doing?" I answered . "Doing the dishes." Seconds later, there goes another one, smack, hits the wall across the room. At this point he yells "Are you mad?" To that I answer, in the most calm and pleasant voice, "No, not mad at all, just can't stand these ..........................pop bottles and I would like to finish the...............dishes." Hubby looked puzzled and didn't say anymore...probably for fear of death by pop bottle. I went out for work and when I returned the pop bottles were in the recycle bag.

"Pop goes the world..." - Men Without Hats

No comments: