Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Decision...

...so I have decided to get the H1N1 Vaccination and my hubby and oldest little one will be getting it as well. I posted the following on facebook today on how I made my decision...

I tune out the media when making a decision. Their info is always slanted and part truths. This is how I made my decision...if this helps any...
1) Free to everyone so why would the Canadian Government offer something free of charge if it were severly harmful thus opening the door for many lawsuits.
2) all Doctors and Health Professionals are getting it.
3) There are side effects to everthing and anything we do...this is no different yet we don't pay attention to them unless it's being brought up by the media.
4) I'm afraid of dying and having my kids die...I rather live or see them with a bad side effect then plan a funeral.
5)No different than any other vaccine - gave all of them to Blake and will to Brady.
6) had vaccines as a kid when there was much less technology and research and i'm still here and healthy - ish hehehehe
7)Just like the flu shot, it may not prevent you from getting the swine flu but will keep you safe from the bad version.
8) the vaccine has actually been around for decades.
9) there are very few ventillators in Ydot so SHOULD this hit badly, we're in trouble
10) I hate taking meds for anything, but if the doc says take antibiotics for your illness - I take it. They know more than me so I need to trust in our system. I need to trust that people who research this stuff day in day out know what they're talking about...just like I need to trust that my mechanic will fix my car, my hairdresser won't harm my head, my chiropractor won't break my bones, my bank won't steal my money,etc...So all that said, that's how I came to my decision of Yes. I did give it lots of though and then worked through.

Now i'm totally tuning out the media cause i've made a firm decision. Sometimes I wish we could just get facts instead of stories...

"Abra Abra Cadabra.." - Steve Miller Band

No comments: