Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Flat...

...so I got a flat tire today. I was driving on highway 103 and while illegally talking to my mom on my cell phone I realized my buggy was really pulling to one side. I then got a notification on my dash thingy to check the tire pressure. I pulled over and sure enough, flat. So now what? I hung up with my mom and called the dealership to see what I need to do. Here's my conversation with the service guy:

Ldot: "Hi! I have a flat tire and don't know what to do. Do I have roadside assistance?"
Service Guy: "Well, possibly...what year is your vehicle?"
Ldot: "Um....I don't know."
Service Guy: "No problem, do you have a spare in the vehicle?"
Ldot: "Um...I don't know."
Service Guy: "Ok, well...what's your VIN Number?"
Ldot: "Um....where can I find that?"
Service Guy: "Do you know your phone number?"
Ldot: "YES! That I do know...it's ###-####" *THANK GOD I KNEW SOMETHING!!*
Service Guy: "Great...I see here you have roadside...call this number..." (and he gives me the number and then specifically tells me what to say and also gives me the information about my vehicle that I'll need). I'm sure he's figured out that I'm clueless at this point...geesh!

Now I hang up...and feel slightly dumb...but really, why do I care about these things? I don't need to know what year my buggy is...I just need to know it works? Right? OK...I'm trying to make myself feel less dumb! Do you know your vehicle information?

The roadside lady was real nice and in no time the tow truck guy showed up to fix my buggy!

So, basically I played the role of the stereotypical girl real well...knows nothing about cars...blah blah blah...and the tow truck guy has to come to the rescue even though all the tools necessary for the tire replacement are in my vehicle and really all he did was find them and use them.

I consider myself a pretty intelligent lady...but I really felt not intelligent today.

"Big wheels keep on turnin'..." - CCR

No comments: