Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'M BACK!!!...

...so I had a wonderful Christmas and New Years and am very sad that it's all over. I guess you could say I'm going through Holiday Withdrawals. There's really nothing better that family gatherings as it always involves good food...really it's a win win. I actually was quite sick prior to the holidays and after realizing that I was spending more time admiring the inside of my toilet bowl then playing with my child I decided it was time to take some meds. So I did just that and basically ate my way through the holidays...very much fun. After gaining about 5 lbs I've realized that the only way I'm going to stop this pattern is to stop with the pills. Now I'm back to nausea world, but have been staying away from my friend the toilet so that's good. I haven't had supper in a few days, but I usually feel great at lunch so I eat for both meals then...it'll all work out I'm sure.

On New Years Eve we encountered the absolute worst snow storm ever and of course, being preggo that means sober driver. We ended up making it to all the festivities that evening without too much trouble...see the problem wasn't the car...it was my feet. We went to a local seafood restaurant and on my way out the door I took one step and fell all the way to the bottom. Basically I was a toboggan for my baby belly as I kinda caught myself and laid back till I made it to the bottom. I'm sure it was something else to those below...here comes big momma sliding down. My Hubby just about had a heart attack...the poor thing...and I was so well put to slide down that I beat him to the bottom despite his best efforts to jump down to catch me. I was ok, with the exception of my foot which is still a little sore for some reason but having lots of padding on the backside definitely comes in handy in these types of situations! Ego in hand, we left and after drying my butt, we continued on with our evening and had a great time.

We're going on a Family vacation to Florida at the end of the month...a Christmas Gift from the Inlaws...THANK YOU INLAWS!!! I'm getting excited and am pumping the little one with pics of as many Disney Characters as I possibly can so he recognizes some of them when we get there. He's on Mickey Mouse overload right now so hopefully he doesn't get sick of it before we even make it to the park. Yesterday I called to see where our passports were. They were supposed to mailed out before New Years so I thought I should check. Of course, I was put on hold and the lovely message let me know that my call was very important and to stay on the line for the next available agent ...then he says in a loud voice "There are 19 people ahead of you". Great...that sucks. SO what do I do...is that a good amount of people? Should I call back later and hope for a smaller number? How am I going to know when it's almost my turn? I was starting to panic and after a minute goes by the same voice lets me know my call is still important to them and to hold...There are 18 people ahead of you. Oh great...a whole minute and we only lost one person...this goes on every minute and after 15 minutes of waiting I still had 13 people ahead of me. How annoying is that? Anyways, as annoying as it was, it was super exciting when there was only one person ahead of me. I was nervous and excited all at the same time...then 3 minutes go by of "there is 1 person ahead of you",...now I'm annoyed again. FINALLY, dude comes on the phone and was quite helpful by giving me the tracking numbers...at least they had been sent. FIEW...crisis averted. Once off the phone I checked my cell and noticed I missed a call from my mother in law...must have been while I was on hold on the house phone. I call her and guess what she was calling to tell me....yup, the passports had arrived and she had them as the postman had to deliver something to her and he had her sign for them in case we weren't home. I was super glad she had them...but man, had I known that 32 minutes prior, I could of saved myself a whole lot of emotions!!

Well I must get back to work. It's actually nice to have some peace and quiet since the little one is in the "MOMMA" stage. He yells for me day in and day out and I can't even ignore him cause when I do he starts calling out my real name...that's not good. Oh...I'm not sure if this is odd or not but the little one is getting much better at letting us know when he's gotta poop or has pooped. He's still afraid of the potty so usually he comes running yelling POOP once it's already happened. The weird thing is when I ask him if we can go wipe him bum he says no. Why would you want to walk around with poop stuck to your bum? I can't stand it when my sock is twisted to where the heal is on top of my foot...Drives me nuts! so I can't imagine having a clump of poo wedging my bum cheeks apart. I find this odd. He'd go all day with a dirty diaper...is that odd? I'm thinking it's a little odd.

See ya tomorrow...

"Tooooooooomorrow, Tomorrow, I'll love ya tomorrow...it's only a day away!" - Annie

No comments: